Sunday, November 05, 2006

These are the days

Great day--not much time for rest but moments to hold on to... Sammy and I went to church so Nana could teach her Ladies class. Studying Staci Eldredge's book "Captivating". Never dreamed my messed up years could reap some good but it was great to be able to share the beauty God has given me for the ashes. Great sharing by all the ladies. Then back home--Yubby and Mike picked up the kiddies --right after Mike fixed the communication between the printer and my laptop. Yeah! The cherry on the Sunday (excuse my pun) was going to the FairHaven Union High football banquet and seeing my freshman son David receive his Varsity letter. Go David! Coach said the program has spent 3 years to turn around to a better place. Better attitudes etc. He said this year it was a pleasure to come to practice and all the players have wonderful attitudes and are great kids. I see that too. Good to hear from the coach. Our division has been retweeked and this coming year we will be on a level playing field for the first time in years. 2007 should be an exciting football year. It's great to feel we are a part of the parent and kid group that will make a difference in our community. Sounds corny I know--but I have always been a pollyanna and this is right up my alley! GO SLATERS!!!

4 comments:

HazMatt said...

You do know what happened to pollyanna, don't you?
WHAM!
Outta' da tree!
Just Kidding. :)

LNA said...

You are one sick puppy.

Kiyotoe said...

sniff....sniff....that reminds me of my glorious high school football days. And now I feel like Al Bundy constantly trying to relive those glory days.

30 is for the birds.

By the way, came here via my buddy hazmatt.

LNA said...

I know...I know...when you fly high you eventually have to land. But the passion of football was explained to me: when you love it that much you have to go for it. That's why it's important to make sure you have other interests to fill that eventual void...like friends, music and remedial basket weaving for instance.