Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Good Idea

Someone who shall remain nameless, said something profound to me the other day. As we were saying goodbye to each other, he said randomly "Just remember, they thought the Titanic was a good idea." It was mostly said to encourage my lovely daughter who was with me at the time, but it was good food for thought and chuckle for the rest of my week. Do you think the people on the Titanic wished in hind's site that they had actually counted the lifeboats before they sailed? Were there signs screaming to them that they ignored? Were there warning signs along the way that were directing them not to sail--but they ignored them?? Wouldn't it be great if we could live backwards so we could do everything without disaster?? Was the brief luxury and pampering on the Titanic worth the death at the end? Doubt it, of course. So where am I going with all this? Whoever bothers to read this already knows what I mean. My Titanic lesson when I was a young woman was in the movie "Splendor in the Grass"---tough movie--hard lessons. Watch it with a box of tissues!!!

No comments: