Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Storms...

Another snowstorm just about 2 weeks to the day I was snowed in when I received word my Mom had died.

Couldn't go to work today with the thought of the boys alone at home while Dad was snowed in up at Norwich University. Was worried we'd have power outage issues and the boys would be without heat and power... an unsettled anxiety inside, so I called out of work. Not like me but I was worried.

Turns out the power lines ripped off the side of the garage during the storm and CVPS had to make a visit to our house and shut down lines to the garage till Matt can come repair the issue.

I keep thinking I hear Mom or her doggie Star downstairs but the house is quiet. Way quiet...

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, not things present, not things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, not any other created thing, shall be able to separate us form the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. "
Romans 8:38-39

"I will worship the One who calmed the raging sea...
And I will worship the one who hushed the rage in me! "
~Mercy Me

1 comment:

Jules said...

{{Hugs}} Mom....I am sorry the house is so quiet :(

I LOVE that song by Mercy Me...amen again and again!!

Wow about the power trouble with the storm!! Glad you were able to get the day off and circle the wagons :)

Praying that God will give you peace in the quiet as well as the storm!

Oh and know that you are always welcome here if you need to escape the quiet...we provide good food and a fun, comfy house but NOT quiet :) lol